Disney Princess in Art Nouveau


 Rebirth by Hannah-Alexander

 "Ariel, The Little Mermaid.

So, I've been obsessed with Alphonse Mucha and 50s Pin Up recently, and this is the result. I may do more. It's certainly a style I could get used to!

I chose to surround Ariel with Lotus flowers because they represent rebirth. I wanted the whole thing to come out bluer but green just came about naturally. I guess it makes sense, considering the rebirth theme anyway "



Innocence by Hannah-Alexander

 "Snow White.

Part of my Alphonse Mucha/art nouveau obsession.
Flowers are: Freesia for innocence, lilies for purity and monkshood (which are poisonous) for caution."



 Freedom by Hannah-Alexander

 "Rapunzel, from Tangled.

Oh my goodness, I am in LOVE with this movie. The songs go round and round in my head like a freakin' merry-go-round! (Also, I know her hair is shorter than the original version but I simply couldn't draw 70ft long hair!)

Flowers are: Mallow - sweetness, Camellia - longing, White Heather - wishes come true/protection and um... I can't remember what the other one is"


 Warrior by Hannah-Alexander

"Mulan (and Mushu!)

I like this just 'cause she kinda looks like one of those saints you see on stain-glass windows. I almost didn't put the sword in, but I'm very glad I did now :-)

Flowers and their meanings: Orange Mock - deceit, Orchid - beauty, Snapdragon - strength."

 Rapunzel by Hannah-Alexander

 (I Love This Soo Much)

"Rapunzel, from Tangled.

The flowers are peach blossom (means I am your Captive) and corchorus (means Impatience of Happiness)."


Beauty And The Beast by Hannah-Alexander

"Beauty And The Beast

The flowers are lauristinus, which means cheerful in adversity, and starwort, which means welcome to a stranger. And of course roses"




Cursed by Hannah-Alexander

























"Aurora: Sleeping Beauty,

Flowers are white poppy (means sleep), rhododendron (means caution), calla lily (means regal) and the roses are a nod to the plot of Sleeping Beauty."




Queen of Ice and Snow by Hannah-Alexander

"Elsa : Disney movie Frozen. 

Now, I don't know anything about the movie's plot or Elsa's character but I like her design (despite the fact both she and Anna look identical to Rapunzel) and I feel that she's going to have quite a tragic, intriguing back story. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

The flowers are snow drops and the birds are male cardinals. Ironically, snow drops actually herald the beginning of spring. Never know, it might be relevant to the movie"



Perseverance by Hannah-Alexander

 "Tiana: 'The Princess and the Frog'. 

Inspired by the work of Alphonse Mucha.
Spot the frogs! ;)
 
Flowers are alstroemeria (meaning aspiring) and the stargazer lily (meaning ambition)."


 Determination by Hannah-Alexander

"Merida: Brave.
Flowers are day lily (Chinese symbol for mother), ferns (means 'magic'), foxgloves (means 'insincerity') and gladiolus (means 'strength of character').

Her dress defies the laws of physics, but at least it looks nice. "



 Power by Hannah-Alexander


"Pocahontas. 

Next installment from my Mucha princess series. I'm adding a few more before I start selling print packs on Etsy :)
 
Oh, there's also a step-by-step tutorial of this that I will post soon, so please keep an eye out for it."

 Mother Of Dragons by Hannah-Alexander
 Not Disney but i LOVE THIS ONE SOOO MUCH :)

"I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones and thought I'd pay tribute to one of my favourite characters, Daenerys. I'd like to get more GOT fanart done at some point, I love all the characters.

Done with watercolours. Her hair isn't wavy but oh well."


fOR mORe of this FaB art WoRk go to
Source : http://hannah-alexander.deviantart.com/gallery/

No comments:

Post a Comment